Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What you eat at breakfast is extremely important. Eating a breakfast that contains a good source of protein, good fats and complex carbohydrates will keep your blood sugar steady, provide energy, brain power, and set you up for the rest of the day.
These top 5 ideas are designed to give you much needed vitamins and minerals and macronutrients;
- Heat 1 cup wholegrain rolled oats with your choice of full fat milk.
- Serve with 2 tablespoons of plain natural/greek yoghurt with berries and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Place 1 cup oats in a bowl with a handful of seeds and goji berries.
- Pour your choice of full fat milk of your choice into the bowl so that the milk is covering the oats.
- In the morning, top with berries/kiwi fruit and ½ a banana, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of plain natural/Greek yoghurt and 1tsp of cinnamon.
- ½ cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1 cup of your choice of full fat milk, a scoop of good quality whey protein powder (at least 20g protein) and 1 teaspoon cod liver oil. Blend and enjoy!
- Other optional ingredients are LSA, nut butter, ½ avocado and greens (spinach is the best one to blend).
- Plain or greek yoghurt topped with anything you like!
- Berries, banana, kiwi fruit, chia seeds, coconut flakes, cinnamon, granola, the list is endless!
- A veggie omelette or poached eggs on wholegrain toast with ½ avocado on the side.
Great for weekends when you have more time.