Functional medicine tests are used to investigate genetic, biochemical, nutritional, metabolic and hormonal status. The results assist in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients. We look at why you’re suffering rather than treat one symptom with the ‘band-aid’ approach.
Functional Medicine testing provides a tool for early intervention, management and monitoring of ongoing treatment efficiency in which the tests are designed so patients can collect specimens in the privacy of your own home.
The functional tests listed below are extremely helpful in providing a deep understanding of the imbalances that may be present in the body.
I commonly use these tests in clinic with great results. They go beyond the very simple standard blood tests available and provide big clues to numerous mental health conditions.
Here are some examples of functional pathology tests I regularly use in clinic:
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis – key mineral imbalances and heavy metals
- GI Map Gut test – functional gut markers, leaky gut, gluten intolerance, enzymes, pathogenic bacteria, parasites, H.Pylori, beneficial bacteria and many others
- Adrenal Stress Test – cortisol and melatonin
- DUTCH test: Full hormonal assessment including cortisol levels, hormone metabolites, neurotransmitter metabolites and oxidative stress markers
- Food intolerance testing
- Neurotransmitter testing
- Pyroluria testing
- Methylation and genetic SNP testing and reports